AP TIP IN
July 9 - 12, 2019
Pike High School, Indianapolis, IN
- Tyler DeWitt--Hydrogen Bonding & Common Mistakes -- Tyler has many other videos as well for chemistry. I like his Galvanic Cells video.
- Prof Dave -- Here is another source of lectures for background content.
- Entropic Time -- Here is an amazingly clever video about Entropy that is very well made.
- Flinn's Free Resources -- Flinn has made many videos of demonstrations that are available on their site for free. I'm not sure of a reliable way to find them, but they are there. In addition to chemical demonstrations, there are downloadable .pdf's giving instructions as well. There are great ideas here.
- Ben Ku's Web Site -- I only mentioned Mr. Ku about a hundred times during the APSI. Here is a link to his web site where he has links to the videos that accompany the Honors and AP curriculum.
- Large Post-It Notes -- Here is the link to popping.com where those huge post-it type notes were purchased. They stuck really nicely to the glass. I have found in my classroom that they don't stick as well to the walls. They stick nicely to a clean white board, however.
- AP Supports 2019 -- Here is the link for the College Board web site describing the new supports that will be available for the 2019-2020 school year. This includes the AP Test Bank, Unit Guides, etc.
- Extreme Glow Nightsticks -- Here is the company where I purchased those bright, short-lived light sticks for the kinetics demonstration. You need to purchase quite a few (100) to get free shipping. Remember, when they quote a price like $8.50 each, they are talking about a bag of 10 nightsticks. Keep them in the refrigerator to make them last longer.
- ROYGBV Demo Information -- Here is specific information about the demonstration with the theatrical gels (cellophane) which is an analogy for the photoelectric effect.
Roscolux Rx25 (Lt. Red) -- (this leaks a little)
Roscolux Rx22 (Deep Amber)
Roscolux Rx10 (Med. Yellow)
[Note: I put some of the Med. Yellow behind the Red and Orange windows, too.]
Roscolux Rx 389 (Chroma Green)
Roscolux Rx 68 (Sky Blue)
Roscolux Rx48 (Rose Purple)
I mentioned that there are sample booklets that contain a small sample (1.75" x 3.25") of each gel from this company. You can find them online by following the link at the beginning of this note. I did a Google search for "Roscolux sample book" and found several sources. The least expensive one ($1.50) is the one I linked above. They also sell sample books with 3" x 6" samples for about $25.
|Shakamak High School
|Arsenal Technical High School
|Lapel High School
|Boonville High School
|Rensselaer Central High School
|Lake Ridge Academy
|Danville IL High School
|DeKalb High School
|Carroll High School
|Jimtown High School
|St Charles Preparatory School
|Penn High School
|Our Lady of the Sacred Heart High School
|Miami Trace High School
|Muscatine Highe School
|East Chicago Central H.S.
|Scottsburg High School
|Barneveld High School
|Arsenal Technical High School
|Wayne High School
|Cohasset High School
|El Paso Gridley High School
|Greeneview High School
|Pike High School