APSI at TCU
June 27 - 30, 2016
Texas Christian University, Fort Worth, TX
- Ben Ku's Web Site -- I only mentioned Mr. Ku about a hundred times during the APSI. Here is a link to his web site.
- FlinnPREP AP Chemistry Course -- We saw the short video describing Flinn Scientific's AP Prep Course for students. An individual license for the course is $19.95. It gets even more affordable if you buy for multiple students. I don't know anyone who has had any experience yet with the course.
- Large Post-It Notes -- Here is the link to popping.com where those huge post-it type notes were purchased. They stuck really nicely to the glass. I have found in my classroom that they don't stick as well to the walls. They stick nicely to a clean white board, however.
- PASCO Link -- Here is the link for the three things from PASCO. If you sign up with them, they will send you a .pdf file of their PASCO-POGIL Lab Manual, a code to get $100 off of an order of $200 or more, and a chance to win 8 wireless temperature probes.
- Extreme Glow Nightsticks -- Here is the company where I purchased those bright, short-lived light sticks for the kinetics demonstration. You need to purchase quite a few (100) to get free shipping. Remember, when they quote a price like $8.50 each, they are talking about a bag of 10 nightsticks. Keep them in the refrigerator to make them last longer.
- IR Thermometers -- We used the handheld infrared thermometer with the Ice Melting Blocks for thermodynamics. One participant found a great deal on Tanga.com, a shopping site. When I went back to find it, that deal was gone. Amazon.com had various versions of them. Search for IR Thermometers in the Home & Kitchen category.
- NAS -- Dean said he has had a lot of luck teaching students how to write Lewis dot structures using the NAS method. NAS means "Needed - Available - Shared". I've put a link to a YouTube video about the NAS method.
|Shayma Alzubi||Carter Riverside High Schoolfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Eddy Baute||North Side High Schoolemail@example.com|
|Judith Bullard||Brewer High Schoolfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ryan Burgard||Thrall High Schoolemail@example.com|
|Iliana Cano||Colegio Interamericano de Guatemalafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|David (Bobby) Claxton||Eaton High Schoolemail@example.com|
|Christine de la Torre||Crockett High Schoolfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Christopher Edgar||Vandegrift High Schoolemail@example.com|
|Paulo Galvan||Castleberry High Schoolfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Gerardo Gonzalez-Diaz||International Leadership of Texas Keller High Schoolemail@example.com|
|Stefanie Hentschel||Red Oak High Schoolfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jennifer Hicks||Bridgeport High Schoolemail@example.com|
|Ethan Inmon||Ropes High Schoolfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Barbara Lightfoot||Krum High Schoolemail@example.com|
|Katie McBroom||Kennedale High Schoolfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Laurissa McCormick||Weatherford High Schoolemail@example.com|
|Dean Mooney||Aubrey High Schoolfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Lisa Mosier||Byron Nelson High Schoolemail@example.com|
|Debra Reavis||Florence High Schoolfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|John Rong||Bowie High Schoolemail@example.com|
|Long Tran||Paschal High Schoolfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Matthew Wallace||Centennial High Schoolemail@example.com|
|Tami Wilkinson||Andrews High Schoolfirstname.lastname@example.org|