AP by the Sea
June 20 - 23, 2017
University of San Diego, San Diego, CA
- Atomic Orbitals -- This site allows you to display the various atomic orbitals (s, p, d, & f), but moreover, allows you to display all of a certain subshell together to see how they overlap to form a sphere of electron probability.
- PTable.com -- Nathan heard about this interactive periodic table from his professor at Cal State University Northridge. You can choose to see the orbitals, as well as other data about each element.
- Flinn's eLearning Site -- Flinn has organized their videos about various teaching ideas and demonstrations into a professional development site. You can set up an account for free. There is a cost if you want to get university credit. There are great ideas here.
- The Do's and Don'ts of Periodic Trends -- Here is the handout about explaining periodic trends.
- Ted-Ed Videos -- There are several very nice videos created around lectures by various educators. How to Speed Up Reactions (and get a Date) is an example.
- Ben Ku's Web Site -- I only mentioned Mr. Ku about a hundred times during the APSI. Here is a link to his web site.
- Large Post-It Notes -- Here is the link to popping.com where those huge post-it type notes were purchased. They stuck really nicely to the glass. I have found in my classroom that they don't stick as well to the walls. They stick nicely to a clean white board, however.
- PASCO Link -- Here is the link for the three things from PASCO. If you sign up with them, they will send you a .pdf file of their PASCO-POGIL Lab Manual, a code to get $100 off of an order of $200 or more, and a chance to win 8 wireless temperature probes.
- Extreme Glow Nightsticks -- Here is the company where I purchased those bright, short-lived light sticks for the kinetics demonstration. You need to purchase quite a few (100) to get free shipping. Remember, when they quote a price like $8.50 each, they are talking about a bag of 10 nightsticks. Keep them in the refrigerator to make them last longer.
|Jennifer Ardy||La Reina HSfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Brenda Arias||Social Justice Humanitas Academyemail@example.com|
|Andrea Callicott||Del Norte High Schoolfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Rebecca Damodaran||Providence High Schoolemail@example.com|
|Agustina De La Paz||Los Angeles High Schoolfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Nada El Ghossein||American School of Kuwaitemail@example.com|
|Paul Groves||South Pasadena High Schoolfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Beth Johnston||St Michaels University Schoolemail@example.com|
|Rita Knarreborg||San Gorgonio High Schoolfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Nathan Macy||Eastside HS||nmacy@AVHSD.org|
|Lisa McLellan||Kennebunk High Schoolemail@example.com|
|Huy Nguyen||Capistrano Valley High Schoolfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Peter Nwokoye||Miami Springs Senior Highemail@example.com|
|Jaime Osorio||Sun Valley Magnetfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Teresa Potter||Rio Rico High Schoolemail@example.com|
|Jennifer Richardson||Heritage High Schoolfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Karla Seery||Beachwood High Schoolemail@example.com|
|Sonia Solis||Kofa High firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Angie Sparks||Northeast High School (Kansas)||email@example.com|
|Juan Vallin||Central Valley High Schoolfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Heather Vindel||Escondido Adventist Academyemail@example.com|