AP by the Sea
June 20 - 24, 2016
University of San Diego, San Diego, CA
- Science with Tyler DeWitt -- Tyler has a collection of YouTube videos on chemistry that are well done. Dave Swaney recommends this site.
- Chemical Party -- Here is a strange, but interesting YouTube video recommended by Emily Hoadley.
- www.fitzpatrickfarm.com -- Dan Fitzpatrick is a fourth generation farmer and bee-keeper. Here is his website. He says he will update his science links when he gets to a place with better internet. The next two resources are sites that he recommends.
- Mark Rosengarten Chemistry Songs -- Dan likes this guy's chemistry songs, especially the one about "I Heart Electron Configuration" that deals with s, p, d, f orbital filling.
- I Heart Electron Configuration -- One of Mark Ronsengarten's chemistry song videos. It is about s, p, d & f orbitals.
- Ben Ku's Web Site -- I only mentioned Mr. Ku about a hundred times during the APSI. Here is a link to his web site.
- FlinnPREP AP Chemistry Course -- We saw the short video describing Flinn Scientific's AP Prep Course for students. An individual license for the course is $19.95. It gets even more affordable if you buy for multiple students. I don't know anyone who has had any experience yet with the course.
- Large Post-It Notes -- Here is the link to popping.com where those huge post-it type notes were purchased. They stuck really nicely to the glass. I have found in my classroom that they don't stick as well to the walls. They stick nicely to a clean white board, however.
- PASCO Link -- Here is the link for the three things from PASCO. If you sign up with them, they will send you a .pdf file of their PASCO-POGIL Lab Manual, a code to get $100 off of an order of $200 or more, and a chance to win 8 wireless temperature probes.
- Extreme Glow Nightsticks -- Here is the company where I purchased those bright, short-lived light sticks for the kinetics demonstration. You need to purchase quite a few (100) to get free shipping. Remember, when they quote a price like $8.50 each, they are talking about a bag of 10 nightsticks. Keep them in the refrigerator to make them last longer.
- Chemist Nate -- Emily Hadley says, here is a guy I use sometimes on youtube, Chemist Nate. He's a bit whacky to watch but works out problems in an understandable way. This link is for a video on how he explains ICE tables.
- Electrochemistry POGIL Handout -- Danielle Mesa mentioned a good electrochemical worksheet that she uses that is a POGIL activity and involves using an online simulation of making electrochemical cells so students can discover the differences in Reduction Potential. It uses the kentchemistry website.
- Flinn's Tin Man Video -- This video shows Bob Becker doing a demonstration where he is creating beautiful tin metal crystals by the electrolysis of tin(II) chloride.
|Savannah Addy||West Hills High Schoolemail@example.com|
|Alexandra Cavell||Ramona High Schoolfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Chelsea Culbert||Alliance Susan and Eric Smidt Technology High Schoolemail@example.com|
|Tania Darnton||Viewpoint Schoolfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Danny Diamond||Carpinteria HSemail@example.com|
|Scott Estrada||Otay Ranch HSfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dan Fitzpatrick||St. Bedeemail@example.com|
|Esther Han||Valhalla High Schoolfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Joshua Hill||Mar Vista High||Mr.HillJ@gmail.com|
|Emily Hoadley||Skyline High Schoolemail@example.com|
|Melizza Lozano||Eastlake High School||Melizzalozano@icloud.com|
|Danielle Mesa||Olympian High Schoolfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Lauren Petersen||Montgomery High Schoolemail@example.com|
|Paul Phillips||Capital High Schoolfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jim Poirier||la jolla high email@example.com|
|Jorge Rodriguez||Jordan High Schoolfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dave Swaney||Silver Valley Highemail@example.com|
|Paul Thaler||Santa Susana High Schoolfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mark Turner||Birmingham Charteremail@example.com|
|Denise Yoak||Valhalla High Schoolfirstname.lastname@example.org|